Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Lets talk about dipes...FITTEDS

Fitteds are another type of diaper that makes the process just a little bit easier. Unlike prefolds they do not require any folding and usually secure in the front or side with velcro or snaps. They are great at keeping in messes with their elasticized legs and waist. They come in all different types of materials and sizes. They are not waterproof so you will need a waterproof diaper cover (you can use the same covers as you do with prefolds).
 I don't have many fitteds because I just haven't fallen in love with them quite yet
but look at how cute this one is!
 The super soft inside has this great snap in "booster" that adds another layer of absorbency
See? Super cute, right? Just throw on a diaper cover and you're good to go!

Like I mentioned before, I don't use fitteds that often. Because they are a thick cotton they take much longer to dry so they tend to throw off my washing and drying routine (and I just can't have that!). I have found that you can get fitteds in so many adorable and fun prints and styles though. I think it's safe to say that with fitteds you have the most variety when it comes to prints. 

So those of you that do use fitteds, share with me your reasons! Sell me on why I should use them more often!

2 comments:

  1. Fitteds are great for overnight because they can be paired with wool. A lot of fitteds have snap in soakers so you can up the absorbency between day and night (BuBuBeBe), and some are pockets so you can add your own absorbency (I am liking Green Acre). J is such a heavy wetter that BGs and HHs weren't cutting it anymore at nighttime (although HH does have a fitted that I like, the Happy Hempy!), hence, I fell in love with fitteds. I also love them for naptime because we never have leaks (like we occasionally will with PUL pockets or AIOs).

    Lots of moms use fitteds during the day/around the house without a cover. This gives baby a little bit of "breathe" time with no PUL involved, which can also be better for sensitive skin, and just generally more comfortable, I think. Plus, you can't get prints any cuter than on fitteds, so it's sometimes a shame to cover them up!

    The Happy Hempy is a fitted with a microfleece (stay dry) inner liner. With the others, I do put a strip of fleece in them if she's going to be in it overnight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fitteds! They are super cute and I think they are more absorbent during the day. I love that there are so many different prints! Plus there are so many different kinds of covers you can use. PUL covers, wool and fleece longies or shorties!

    ReplyDelete